Monday, September 23, 2013

Indochina Grad Trip: Vietnam

Assalamualaikum and Hello! :)

Delay defeats justice? arghhhh I feel sorry for my fellow backpackers since it took a long time for me to update the pictures from our graduation trip. ngehehe

Well, you would also be in the brink of giving up when you have a WHOOOPING 11 GB pictures to choose from and the tormenting process of editing. Padahal edit guna picasa je. chehhh

I will break our Indochina grad trip to 3 part according to the respective country. They are Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.


So, let's begin with our lucky no 1 country: Vietnam.

Our flight was at 7pm and before departing I even managed to grab a coffee latte at McCafe! (I'm a coffee lover!) Jakun tak pernah minum kat McCafe :p And I thought the coffee wasn't strong enough for my taste, maybe I should order an espresso. Oh well, maybe next time.

On the airplane, I managed to change seat with Bun and sat next to the window! weehooo~~

The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Hanoi was 3 hour long. I was bored and played minion rush throughout since I have motion sickness I wasn't able to do any reading activities.

Day 1: Hanoi

Let's explore the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi!

Food Culture

 Bún chả is a Vietnamese dish of grilled pork & noodle (thanks wikipedia)
There were many shops like these.
Ambik gambar jelah huhu

Slurp slurp noodles~~
They seem to love their noodles

Spiky Durian. Golden Durian. Durian Seller.
They use these small chairs.
Haha and you don't seem to find any overweight/obese person here.

Business Culture





Mostly they sell fruits, vegetables and sometimes local delicacies.

Outdoor Barber Shop
Kinda cute right haha
       
A soldier (I think) having his hair cut and what's with the torchlight headgear? haha

Bengkel Motor

Tak tahu pun sape nie
nampak tugu je ambik gambar ngehehe tourist sangat :p



 Vietnam Military War Museum

Left to Right: Diana, Una and Me
Bendera Merah Bintang Kuning tu bendera Vietnam
Kerana faktor angin, banyak shot perlu di ambil 
sebab nak jugak nampak bintang kat bendera tu hohoho

Left to Right: Bun, Rahimi and Iswatt


Hao Chi Minh Mausoleum 

It is a memorial (makam) for Hao Chi Minh, Vietminh leader , Chairman of the Communist Party in Vietnam. Fyi, even the city of Saigon was changed to Hao Chi Minh.  







One Pillar Pagoda 

One of the tourist spot if you made your research on the internet, but I was disappointed since it was so small??.. It was nearby the mausoleum.  


Peek-A-Boooo!!! hehe
They will make their prayers and offerings dekat yang kat atas tu.

Located next to the One Pillar Pagoda Temple


Left to right: Una, Me, Iswatt, Diana, Rahimi
One of the mesuem tapi tutup sob sob sob :"(

Tutup meh
tapi cantik sebab nampak classic :)


Vietnam National Museum of Fine Arts


Budak lelaki ish ish ish
Minta maaf kepada pembaca di bawah umaur 18 tahun



Tak serupa tapi sama





Then went back to our ?hostel? to recharge back our energy for dinner hunting and water puppet show.



Food Hunting and Water Puppet show

Sadly we search for 4 restaurant and it was all closed! Permanently closed, closed for outdoor catering, pass the closing time and close for renovation. Adoi! Last-last makan di kfc je. I ate fish sticks and the portion was small huhu 3 keping je fish stick wahhhh nangiss... 

left is Diana's seafood burger and right is my fish sticks.


The water puppet show was unique and fun but not to my liking since it doesn't have a storyline and more the history of the culture. Sadly, I didn't managed to snap a picture. Pissed off sebab jalan 1 bandar 4 kedai halal tutup and ada mamat 6 kaki duduk depan yang blocking view. ~gggrrrr

                                        Hoan Kiem Lake

After the water puppet show, we went to the Hoan Kiem Lake. The Turtle Tower and the huc bridge are located there. Nie macam tempat lepak the locals.


The Huc Bridge

Haha Nie baru day 1 dah panjang gila kan (yes I always start with haha, it's a habit)
Please anticipate my day 2 of Indochina gradtrip! :D


Thanks for reading!

19 comments:

Sally Samsaiman said...

awesome! love to travel but but short in budget...hahaha...pity me aite..? welcome to read my Bandung trip if interested.. :)

Sally Samsaiman said...

*ohh..minat Jong Hyun ek..? hehehe...tp dlm RM ade sekali je kan dia dtg..? :)

mychickenfloss said...

Hey that outdoor haircut looks pretty cool! I've never seen that. hehe..

Luqman Zakaria said...

hye...luqman suke bc travelog..

P/s : tak nampak followe button pon..cmne nk follow.

Mireya said...

Oh my God bestnyaaa! Jealous! Hahaha

Nisa said...

I love to explore, but I spent a fortune on our last trip to Seoul. Budget is always such a great issue :c

Azhafizah MN said...

happy for you! Seronok enjoy trip kan :)

Lurima Travel said...

Nak travel ke Korea nanti cari saya ok.

Love from Seoul

Lurima Travel.

Athirah Tieramiessyou said...

makin comel la u ni haha..
btw isz I rase yg soldier tu kan dia tgh check telinga dia kot? :D

Iszati said...

Hehe kumpul la duit sikit2 :) hehe will search for your bandung trip and read it ok ;)

Iszati said...

Yes cutie shy jonghyun hehe Nope! 2 kali kalau x silap. 1 masa gentleman dignity n choi ji woo guest die

Iszati said...

Haha yeap, im more than happy to snap those kind of cultural differences pics :)

Iszati said...

Hehe so I will update my travelog for u :)

Tgh nk buat tp ada prob huhu

Iszati said...

Hehe mmg best g holiday ngan kwn2 :)

Iszati said...

U went to korea?? Best nye!! Will explore your blog to read it :)

Iszati said...

Thank u ;) hehe mmg fun pun

Iszati said...

Will do!

Iszati said...

Ehhh bkn I sentiasa cute ke haha eeee geli nye check telinga haha

Unknown said...

waaaa..awesome!!

isz..u da smp tempt yg br i plan nk g..vietnam..huuu..i made some research..yg best kat sana ha long bay..nek cruise dy..n another 1 yg u g water puppet show..tp u ckp x best sgt eh..

btw jealous nya tgk korg g jalan2..tiera kita bila g..hii..