Friday, May 21, 2010

I love me books :)



Hello! :)
I've decided to have a book reading journal. Which means I will write down the book that I had read and maybe a few comments on them. I will start from the book that I read during this semester break :) I'm aiming for a 100 book! Wish me luck and not to lose faith! ;) If you have recommendations please let me know! :)



1. Percy Jackson 2: The Sea Monster by Rick Riordan

*****
Good!

It's not as good as the Lightning Thief but it's not bad either.

Remember Grover from the Lightning thief movie?
Yeah, he's in danger and Percy and his friends
went with a quest to save him and to find the golden fleece.
Remember when Percy mom wanted to enter camp-half-blood but she can't?
The Thalia tree prevents monster and mortal from entering.
Now the tree is dying and monster can attack camp more easily.
Only the golden fleece can help the Thalia tree.

A must buy if you like Percy Jackson! ;)



2. Percy Jackson 3: The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

*****
Very good!

Percy secretly follows his friends quest
due to some difficulty.
I can't tell you much without giving out
spoiler from booh 2 ;)

Stack it! :O



3. Percy Jackson 4: The battle of the Labyrinth

*****

Excellent!

Much better than the previous 3 books.
It glued me to the sofa
and to flip the page as fast as I can.

Here, the evil side will invade camp-half blood by going inside
of the came rather from coming outside since it is protected by the golden fleece.
The only way to do that is through the Labyrinth where
one of the entrance leads to camp-half-blood.

A must buy!



4. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

*****
Very good!
Just 2 word: It's crazy! @____________@


'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.'

Can you make out what the 1st paragraph of the poem?
I can't! ;(
Apa la makhluk nie nk cakap?...
Tak faham saya

This is a sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland,
this time she pass through a mirror and enters a looking-glass world.
So which means everything works backward.
:/

Buy if you want I won't pressure you
B)


The Last Song

5. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

*****
Very good!

The storyline is simple but everyone who have a father can relate to it.
Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) and his brother was forced to spent the summer their dad.
She had been ignoring him for 3 years because she was mad at him for leaving.
They eventually were on good terms and eventually she found out that
her dad have cancer and only months to live.

Omg! I cried reading it. Especially when
she reads back the letter her dad give her for the past 3 years
and the time that she ignored him for 3 years.

A must read! :)


Thanks for reading!
Gudbye :)


2 comments:

D said...

so this is like a "buku nilam" mcm time skolah dulu la.. haha

Iszati said...

hahaha
yes tp nama lagi glamor cket! ;p