Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 5: Yogyakarta: Museum Affandi

Assalamualaikum and Hello!

In the midst of getting a new job, blogging somehow helps me keep my sanity. Pheww!!! At last I'm at Day 5, I still have a long way to go though. hohoho! 

I spent the morning accompanying Diana to the Bank Internasional Indonesia BII pronounced as BEE-EEE-EEE!! BII is owned by Maybank Malaysia. Haha serious lawak, tanya taxi drivers B-I-I semua tak faham. Ngapain sih kamu nggak ngerti gue ngomong apa???  (I googled this phrase haha) This is because last night Diana wanted to withdraw her cash and somehow her ATM card had been retained (telan baru dramatic sikit)! Truly shocking traumatizing experience for someone in foreign land and in dire need of money! haha (ambooii gelak kan orang bukan main lol). Her card couldn't be saved and the problem can't be solved since we need to wait 3 days for an issuance of a new card. We're leaving by train to Bandung at 11 pm that night. Stress punya pasal kami breakfast di Pizza Hut Indonesia just opposite BEE-EEE-EEE. Yumsieee! Hilang pulak gambar Diana minum satu jug sirap bandung gas sebab stress! lol 

MUSEUM AFFANDI


Opening Hours: Open daily 9am- 4pm
Entrance Fee: IDR 50.000 (international) IDR 20.000 (local)
Camera Fee: IDR20.000



Appreciating arts kononnya













 Affandi expressing his feeling when he had his grandchild


Before selfie, we have self portrait!
Lots of self portrait I must say.






Muka-kad-atm-saya-kena-telan








These are Affandi's black and white works.
Personally I have always like black sketch, it's like the raw work of the mind.

Line Up for Rice
Berbaris untuk Nasi

Boat





In the Middle of the Sea





These arts and paintings are by his daughter, Kartika.





















4 faces of emotion
The front: praying
The right: Ya ampun kok gini amat sih
The other 2: unidentifiable






Fish Dance in the middle of an empty pool
~fishy fishy fishy~





Actually I found out Museum Affandi from Tripadvisor attraction in Yogyakarta, then I searched the place in Instagram and I found it to be very interesting. It's nearby, well maintained and lots of arts from Affandi himself to his daughter and grandson. I totally recommend you to add to one of the museum you must visit in Yogyakarta! ;)


Thanks for reading!

No comments: